School to Work Workshop - Thursday August 4
School to Work aims to inspire and equip students with disability, through the support of their families, to seek meaningful employment in the community.
The workshop focuses on:
- Uncovering student strengths and interests to use as a guide for potential work roles
- Identifying community connections and contacts to approach for work
- Practical strategies and tips on working with other professionals or services
- Exploring what good employment support looks like and find the right people to support the student
The workshop is for parents, family members, educators and allies of students with disability at secondary school.
Date: Thursday, 4 August, 9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Coogee Beach Crown Plaza
Bookings are essential - visit www.ric.org.au/events to register
- $35 - for students and families (if cost is a barrier contact us to discuss options)
- $50 - for professionals