Grow your own greens workshop
A hands-on workshop for people who live in the inner city about growing food in containers on window sills, balconies, and other small spaces.
Discover five fresh greens you can grow in a handful of soil. Pot up pea shoots and microgreens to take home which will be ready to eat in a couple of weeks. Learn how to repurpose containers you already have to grow fresh food.
There are two sessions to choose from:
What you will learn:
- Five fresh greens you can grow in containers
- Common household items to repurpose for gardening
- How to grow microgreens and pea shoots
What you will get:
- Small class size with experienced facilitator
- Hands on gardening activities propagating plants
- Six propagated plants to take home
Presented by Jen Beer, our Sydney City Farm learning facilitator. Jen loves teaching school students and city dwellers how to grow their own fresh food.