Edible gardens for renters workshop
Kick start your edible garden with guidance and practical tips.
This 2½ hour workshop is perfect for balcony, courtyard and small space growing.
There are two sessions to choose from:
- soils and potting mix fundamentals
- seasonal plant selection
- when to water and fertilise
- basic plant care
- thrifty gardening tips
Suitable for: adults, beginner to intermediate.
- paper and pen
- water bottle
- morning tea
- detailed notes
- 6 small edible plants to get you started
Do not attend Sydney City Farm events if you are unwell
Please do not attend if you are unwell or have any signs of cold or flu including a cough, sore/scratchy throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or a fever. We respectfully advise that you will not be permitted to enter.
When at the Sydney City Farm event
- notify staff if you start to feel unwell
- maintain 1.5 m physical distance from all people including staff
- wash or sanitise your hands on entry and regularly after that
- you are welcome to bring your own gardening gloves. Gloves will be supplied to volunteers and education participants who do not bring their own
- follow volunteer and education participant hygiene protocols discussed at start of session
- wipe down equipment that you use or touch with the sanitising wipes supplied