Accelerating action for a net zero, nature positive future
Businesses, investors, cities and regions across Australia and the world have stepped up with increasingly ambitious targets and plans to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner.
Still these commitments fall short and at least $3 trillion of investment annually will be needed if we are to get to net zero in time. Decarbonisation technologies will need to scale further and faster than any other technologies have before.
Reducing emissions alone however will not be enough. According to the World Economic Forum nearly half of the world's GDP - $44 trillion - is moderately or highly dependent on nature.
Climate change and biodiversity loss are deeply interconnected challenges and achieving net zero will only be possible with an integrated ‘net zero, nature positive’ approach.
To address this, the 2nd Impact X Summit Sydney will present an expanded three-day agenda of dialogue, workshops, and events, designed to accelerate action for a net zero, climate positive future. The agenda is developed with input from national expert advisory groups and five industry streams will produce an outcome statement of ideas, recommendations, and commitments.
The world’s most promising and exciting innovations will be centre stage, to connect with the investors, buyers, and partners needed to scale.
Join leaders from business, government, finance, and NGOs in Sydney this November and drive bold, inclusive action for future generations and our planet!
- Live in-person and virtual hybrid sessions
- Pre-summit national side events
- Live, high-level updates from UNFCCC COP27 in Egypt
- 200+ speakers from businesses, governments, investors, and innovation agencies
- 2000+ participants
- 500+ impact and climate tech startup founders
- 60+ solution exhibitors
- Plenary and parallel sessions, roundtable discussions and workshops
- Indigenous economists, entrepreneurs, innovators, and solutions
- Asia Pacific regional trade and business meetings
- Delegations from New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, and China
- Investor lounge
- Shift! – Finals of regional impact tech startup challenge
- Impact tech startup pitch theatre
- Evening networking and social events
IX Sydney is supported by the Government of NSW and as such follow the guidelines of The Major Events Taskforce. The event venue, ICC Sydney recognises the safety requirements posed by COVID-19 and is committed to the continued delivery of world class events in a COVID safe venue. ICC Sydney’s safety management system has been independently certified by an accredited third party organisation to globally recognised international standards for quality (ISO9001),safety (ISO45001), environmental (ISO14001)and food safety (ISO22000) management. For more information see ICC EVENT SAFE